Musty Smell? Mold? Water stains? Dark spots? Respiratory issues? Getting sick?
Has the discovery of mold in your Central Florida property got your worried? Indoor Microbial Specialist services is here to help. We have a team of experts that will help you confirm if mold is present! The presence of mold in homes, schools, and businesses is of mounting concern in Florida. Mold grows on virtually any organic material, be it in food, carpet, wood or paper. To grow, mold only needs three main ingredients: food, moisture, and optimum temperature. So anytime there is a water intrusion, be it a minor plumbing leak or a major flood that wasn’t dried, there is a high chance of mold growth.
Mold can cause serious health problems that range from:
• Itchy eyes
• Serious allergic reactions
• Asthma attacks
• Permanent lung damage.
In addition, mold can cause significant aesthetic and structural damage to building materials and other personal property. Indoor mold growth can also negatively impact indoor air quality and pose certain health risks to occupants.
How mold develops inside the living space?
1. Flooding from the outside (storm water, overflowing lakes, streams, storm surge, etc.)
2. Flooding from indoors (overflow from sinks, tubs, toilets, air conditioner drain pans or sewerage systems)
3. Condensation (caused by indoor humidity that is too high or surfaces that are too cold)
4. Water leaks from outside the building (roof, walls, floors)
5. Indoor plumbing leaks or broken water pipes
6. Outdoor sprinkler spray hitting the walls, or indoor fire sprinklers
7. Poor venting of kitchen and bathroom moisture (steam from shower or cooking)
8. Humidifier use
9. Drying wet clothes indoors, or not venting clothes dryers outdoors (including electric dryers)
10. House plants (over watering, etc.)
11. Moisture from our bodies (sweat, wet hair on pillows, breath)
12. Warm, moist air from outdoors
13. Liquid spills
14. Relative humidity over 60% inside the living space
Any question regarding Mold Inspections, Mold Assessments, Mold Testing and or PRVs or to schedule an appointment call 850-814-3889
or visit us at:
MOLD INSPECTIONS & MOLD TESTING. Two offices to serve you: The Villages & Gainesville, Florida. We service from Orange County to Alachua County, Florida, and everything in between. (The Villages, Leesburg, Wildwood, Ocala, Gainesville, Newberry, Mount Dora, Clermont, Eustis, Micanopy) among other cities.